What is a "Lutheran"
1. Presents justification by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, as the chief teaching of Scripture (Luke 24:44-47; John 5:39; SA II I 1-4)
2. Properly distinguishes and applies Law and Gospel (reading the Bible as a book about justification; John 1:17; Galatians 3:21-22; Ap XIIA 53-54)
3. Emphasizes God's work through the means of grace (Matthew 26:26-29; John 3:5; 20:22-23; Romans 10:17; SA III IV)
4. Functions from a "Scripture alone" point of view and presents a "Scripture interprets Scripture" approach to using the Bible (Psalms 119; 1Timothy 6:3; 2Timothy 3:16-17; FC Ep Sum)
5. Equips the laity for works of service, with a particular focus on evangelism in their various vocations/callings in life.